Friday, January 12, 2007

Monkeys and Blankies

Ok so I’m about 2/3’s of the way through my mother’s sock monkey hat (from knitty.com). I’m generally not a fan of the, as I like to call it, fuzzy yarns. You know the ones. They all have that this extra fringe sticking out everywhere but this yarn isn’t quite as bad as some. Actually the pics make it look worse than it is and besides it really makes this hat look funny. Not quite as sock monkeyish as the original but funny none the less. I also grabbed some more yarn to get two more done for my aunts. One of theirs will have a blue top and pom pom the other a green. I know, I know, so not sock monkey but hey I didn’t want them all exactly alike and besides I think I lost the sock monkey look, as mentioned before, with the glittery, fuzzy yarn.

And again with the not so knitting news… Here’s part of the neighbor’s baby shower gift, all completed and ready to go. It’s 2 by 2 block in a checkered pattern, just like the last one I posted. I actually wanted to do a 3 by 3 (like a tic-tac-toe board) but I had the material cut for this so this is how it was done. It’s backed in a white flannel instead of the chenille that the other was done in. I like the chenille, ok I love the look of the chenille, but I really like how much thinner this blanket is. It has the same batting and such to it so I’m sure it’ll be just as warm it just isn’t as poofy as the other. I am definitely liking this one too.

So until next knit on knitters….

No comments: