Thursday, November 01, 2007

Any ideas, I'm kinda drawing a blank...

Wow I come on and read my last blog and get looking around. Oh those sidebar projects are sooo old. Ha, I say that but they are still pretty accurate. Well sorta, I have made big progress on my Lady E but every time I stop I seem to think I need to still add 10 more tiers and well so while at the time I thought I was about 65% done, I'm still thinking I'm only 65% done. Oh and Baby Tart, oh how I wish that yumminess were done. It's not and probably won't be anytime soon, I seriously put it down with no hopes of picking it up again. Well first off I wasn't at all happy with my cast on, I don't know exactly right now why b/c I'm not looking at it but I'm thinking maybe it got turned the wrong way. And while when I began I wasn't knitting it for anyone in particular now I have a little niece that would look great in it but problem is it would need to be a bit bigger for her. Soooo, I'm guessing that would give me the inspiration needed to rip the thing back out and start over.

The hubster and I watched Transformers last night. I must say I never was a big transformer fan when I was little, Thundercats? Hell yeah, but not Transformers. It was actually pretty good though, and quite funny too. I will say it was a bit difficult keeping up with which robot was which but I think that was largely due to the fact that was working on Lady E. Oh yes I do still knit on it occasionally contrary to popular belief. My b-day is just around the corner so I put in an order for KnitPicks sock needles for a present. And along with that I threw in a bit of yarn, hey it was on sale, and some extra option tips one of which was a 10.5 harmony wood. I was lovin' the looks but not so sure about the wood. I generally dislike wood and bamboo and all that, now of course I generally don't work with yarn that too slippery either. But anyway I figured I'd try them out and I'm oh so glad I did. I really like them, when the box first got here I opened it immediately even though my b-day isn't til this coming Saturday, and went directly for the harmonies. I was surprised how slick they were I just kept running my fingers up and down them like some weirdo perv. So last night I thought it would be a good time to pull out the old Lady and knit some, of course it was purely coincidental that they are knit with 10.5 the same size as my harmonies. I wasn't purely convinced when I first started I have to say I liked my metal tips a bit better for the project and yarn but the wood were so much better than what I was expecting and by the time I had a couple squares done I had gotten used to the wood and was digging them too. I finished 3 tiers last night. Something is telling me that I really should stop and block this thing but it just doesn't seem long enough yet. Yes I know I could probably go do a trial run to see how big it will be but I'd rather just keep going til I reach the point that it will completely mummimize (yes I know I make up a lot of words) my Mother, who will be getting it since I think it will get more use with her than sitting in my closet. Oh how I'll miss her.

No comments: