Tuesday, July 29, 2008

It's Hereeeee.....

Looky looky, two posts in one week. Yep so as you may have guessed I've joined the Ravelympics. I have my yarn in hand, pattern printed out, and I'm anxiously/nervously chewing away at my needles. If you don't know what the Ravelympics are let me break it down for you. First there is a Knitting Olympics and since I've never competed in it (although two more years baby...) I don't know all the details but the basics are....pick a project, one that will test your knitting abilities, grab all the necessary materials, and anxiously wait for the opening ceremonies to the real Olympics. This is when you can hear it around the world, what is it you ask? Well it's sort of a click but more like a bang, it's every one's needles clicking together as knitters around the world cast on with high hopes of finishing their projects before the closing ceremonies. Now the official Knitting Olympics only come around every 4 years so some folks over at Ravelry started one this year and that's what all this fuss is about.

So here's my specifics. I'm working with Cascade Ecological Wool in Latte or 8063 (down the page just a bit). I'm be using my Knit Picks needles, which I need to make sure are shined and ready to go. Oh you want to know the pattern eh? Ok so it's the Hemlock Ring Blanket. Ok so let me know when you've stopped laughing.....

And the last important fact, I've convinced my pal to shoot for the moons too. Although she went ahead and cast on (CHEATER) and is almost finished so I'm thinking she'll be looking for a new project shortly.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Hey now! Cheater I am not! That darn honor system gets me every time. I have an entire bag of yarn stashed for the new project. I would like to consider that blanket I started a "warm up" for the real thing. It has been frogged, the yarn has been rerolled, and the needles tucked away in my fancy little bag.

AT&T is going to be regretting that unlimited mobile to mobile during the upcoming 17 days!