Monday, November 14, 2005

One down...

Well no knitting went on this weekend in this gal's house. A friend of mine came over to visit. She decided to take advantage of my skills however poor they may be, and put me to work making blankets. Let me tell you 1 45"x60" and 2 60"x72" blankets later I'm so tired of camo (yes I said camo) and blanket stitches I could scream. My fingers are already screaming from being pricked and abused for 3 days straight. I wish I had pics because the smallest one, a gift for her stepdaughter, turned out to be so cute. No it wasn't made out of camo. It was done in the cutest flannel that was embroidered with the girl's name. I was also recruited to make a travel sized pillowcase to match.


I was able to block Branching Out last night. This was the first thing I have ever blocked and was dreading it. I just kept telling myself "I can reblock it if need be," (I can, can't I?). So a few welding rods and some pins later and there it was in all its glory pinned to the guest bed. I'm afraid its just a tad short, but I'm not really sure I stretched it lengthwise as much as I should have. I guess if it does end up being too short for my sis I can reblock it and try lengthening it. Other than that it turned out nice. I am really proud of it and myself for finishing it. See Momma I can finish something. Again it was done using Silky Wool in moss (yeah I know just like the one on the pattern, real creative eh?).

I've decided to start an 8" x 8" scrapbook with all my knitted masterpieces and knitted not-so-masterpieces, heck I may even dig up my first scarf, the holey one, and make a page for it. Well I just printed out Dayflower so I'm off to start that. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Branching Out looks beautiful. Very nice color choice!