Thursday, October 02, 2008

UPS love

Don't you just love that little, well it's not really little but it's not 18-wheeler big either, brown truck that pulls up to the house bringing you glorious goodies. If you can't tell I am in what some might say is a UPS euphoric state. I some how managed to convince the Mr. that I needed a new camera, a shiny new tiny one to put in my purse. I mean don't we all need one of those. This is my old camera.


It isn't really that old. I think I got it for Christmas two years ago. It has definitely been a love/hate relationship. It loves to make me hate it. No really I'm learning to love it, now that I'm learning lighting. I loathe camera flashes so I insist on not using it. What I end up with is, well sometimes great and sometimes not so great, actually more like a horrible grainy mess. I have learned that if I must use the flash to stand as far back as I can then zoom into the whatever it is that I'm taking a picture. This I can live with if there is no other option. The camera takes great outdoor shots. My SIL got the same camera about 6 months to a year after I got mine and she has gotten some excellent pictures of her kids since. So it isn't the camera really, it's my obsessive ways that sometimes make me want to set the camera down calmly and jump on it. Again kidding I actually do love this camera.

This however is what the UPS man brought me, that sweet sweet man. Now I must admit I skipped the usual 3 week period where I just sit crawling the Internet for every review to find the exact camera that I wanted. I wanted to give Nikon a try and this one was in the price range I was willing to go so I went. Again the reason I wanted a new camera was so that I could pop it in my purse and take it everywhere with me. While I love my camera, and while I just got an enormous purse that would so fit my camera, I just felt a wee little one would work better. So far I'm liking it but so far I've only played with it for about 10 minutes. Below are pictures taken with the new camera.I've made two more teenie weenie pumkineenies. I might just be addicted to these little guys. I only have a few more, 15-20, to go to fill up the bowl/hurricane that I'm planning on using. Yeah I know I'll probably give up long before then. I then decided to take a picture of one single pumpkin and the pup decided that she wanted to make the pumkin her toy...
While I was never able to get her to leave the pumpkin alone so I could take pictures, I was able to talk her into allowing me to include the pumpkin in a picture of her, such a ham. Please forgive the rat's nest that is her head. It's a good day if her hair even makes it up in a bow/clip/band.So far I'm likin' my little Nikon. I'll have to let ya know if I change my mind after I use it some more. Off to go play now....

No comments: