Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Don't mind the ends

Bet you're wondering what that is aren't ya? Well I'm calling it fairy poop and it's proof. Proof of what you ask? Well it's proof that I am actually trying to make progress on the next fairy recruit. Sadly though it's also proof that I'm not very far. I have a couple reasons for that pile. And just because you're wondering I'll tell ya what they are, lucky you. Well reason number one (probably the most important) is I was short a stitch. So why didn't I just try to find the stitch and fix it? Because I didn't like the yarn. I like the yarn just fine; it's Vanna's and it's pretty darn soft, but it has too much halo/fuzz and not enough drape for the dress. Soo....out it came and on the search once more I am. I will find the perfect yarn for this. The doll itself is going to be the same yarn as the last, all except for the hair, so I don't have to worry about that. Oh I will find it you can bet your bottom dollar I will.
The title pertains to this project, obviously. I need to weave them in then I can felt these bad boys. They are going to be pot holders/hot pads for my sister and I'm going to knit some dishcloths to go along with them. She recently moved into a new house and I thought this would be a cute little something to give her. If you are wondering about the colors, oh admit it you know you were, my mother pretty much choose her kitchen colors for her, well at least the red. And the ole hubby decided he liked the grey. Yeah as you may recall my small mistake a few posts back thinking that the square would shrink down to nothing well I suppose it was a happy mistake because it gave me the idea for the sister's small housewarming gift.

No comments: