Sunday, August 31, 2008

I saved 2-3 lives yesterday..

but went through hell to do it. Keep in mind though I didn't save the 7-8 like the husband did but oh well I guess 2 is better than none at all. We gave blood yesterday. I somehow managed to sucker the hubster into doing it, neither of us had ever given blood before and no time like the present to start. I've always wanted to do it, and always knew I should, so yesterday when we were driving home and passed the LifeSouth bus I knew we had to go back. The husband only agreed to do it if I agreed to go fix his deer feeder with him (the reason I wasn't going to go is way too long and boring and will prob make me sound like a complete bitch so I'll leave it out), however if losing my pride means saving a few lives I'll do it. And did it I did, right into the trash can. That's right folks I got sick, almost passed out, and starting sweating profusely. It wasn't a pretty site. I just felt sorry for the guy that was up next, facing my direction, and had no other choice but to watch. The hubster did great mind you and not once did I hear a "I told you so". I think he felt sorry for me. Later last night though I asked if he got worried for me (because come on we all like a little pity every now and then right) and he said yeah but then said that when it all started he thought to himself "Boy I bet she's regretting this now". Ah the love. I managed to hold off getting sick long enough to give enough blood though. Yeah I start feeling nauseous and tell one of the ladies and then the other comes up to, they start rubbing an ice pack on my neck and such but they just weren't taking out the damn IV. So seconds later when it really hits me I'm just thinking to myself "if they don't take this damn thing out of my arm" because at the time I seriously thought if they took it out everything would get better (maybe not immediately but soon enough). I just wasn't thinking at that point I was too far gone and that taking the IV out wasn't going to matter. So anyway here's the battle scar cause I know you all want to see it.

I would go through with it again though, because after all if you are able to do it, it really is the right thing. Oh and yeah about the 2-3 vs. 7-8 lives the interviewer was seriously bragging and rubbing it in that my "boyfriend" will be saving 7-8 lives well la te da, touch him. Here's proof that I really did give blood and my arm wasn't the result of some heroin incident gone wrong.My shirt...actually the husband's but still, I couldn't find mine. And my iron was great, which as you may know "it is really an accomplishment cause it's hard for us ladies for have good iron", yes another interviewer comment. Seriously though all the gals in there were great especially the ones that had to take care of me. They were so sweet and motherly and that's just what you want when you're head is in a trash can, you're Momma.

Ok so now on to the closest thing to knitting I got today..my Mom's Christmas present.

I've been watching ebay for hand turned crochet hooks and these are the two that I've won so far. Ebay is serious business I tell ya, first all the panic of will I win the bid, and oh that bitch just outbid me, then the wait for it to arrive if you are so lucky to win, but don't think it ends there oh no you still have to remember to leave a comment and feedback...oh the pressure. I'm going to try and get her a couple more by the time Christmas rolls around, hopefully she'll enjoy using them if now I'm sure she'll enjoy looking at them. If you're wondering the blue one is a graydog and the other is a daystar. You should be able to do a search with that and crochet hook and they come up if not let me know if you're interested and I'll get the usernames of the folks.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Love the new needles for Mommy dearest. I wonder why you got sick? I have gotten sick because of low blood sugar, and then the whole "you aren't supposed to give blood with a thyroid problem" but that was always long after I donated. Hell I've given blood while talking on my cell phone with an 11 month old toddler in my lap, all while racing my sister-in-law to see who could fill the bag the fastest! WUSS! I call WUSS! LOL Actually I am proud of you! But I might ask the doc about the whole sickness thing. Oh and your (or the hubster's) Life South shirt is way better than the ones we have here in GA. I have complained to a board member, but she just said OK before asking me if I would mind picking up my dad's dry cleaning next time I'm in town to save her a trip. Perhaps I should speak to a board member I am NOT related to.